Parent Organization: Service
Rotaract stands for "Rotary in Action."
Rotary International is the world's first service club organization. Rotary club members are volunteers who work locally, regionally, and internationally to combat hunger, improve health and sanitation, provide education and job training, promote peace,
and eradicate polio under the motto Service Above Self.
The UMass Rotaract club works to take the goals of Rotary International and bring them to our campus and community here in Amherst. We are a community service RSO (Registered Student Organization) on campus that works to bring service events onto campus and in the community to help students make a difference. We are partnered with the local Amherst chapter of Rotary.
Events we have done in the past:
- The 5 Colleges Relay for Life
- Amherst Town Fair
- Black Sheep Poetry reading to support Fair Trade and speak out against genocide in Darfur
- Fundraiser for Japan relief
- Volunteering at the First Baptist Church's Food Pantry
- Working with Rotary to raise money for scholarships and charity events
- End Polio Now! to raise money for the eradication of polio
- Annual Rotary Auction
- Rotary Christmas Party for local children in need
UMass Rotaract's Facebook:
Offical Rotaract Page:
Amherst Rotary's Website: